Plan our escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeding New Life Into This Forum

4 posters

Go down

Breeding New Life Into This Forum Empty Breeding New Life Into This Forum

Post  Taylor Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:46 am

Ok so what happened here? did everyone lose interest in living in the wild? dont think so...
Im sure everyone is comming to this site ocassionaly and noticing that there are no new posts, why? the only way to fix this problem to start posting again!
I know you all are going to, or planning on doing this at some point in your lifetime so start talking again!!! I have no idea what is going on in this forum these days, im guessing a few of you are messenging eachother privately? Maybe its just winter so people have lost touch with the outdoors?

Anyways im hoping someone will read this and respond...I still have many things planned, and for me its going down like this:

This upcomming summer I will be going to Algonquin park for six 1 week camping trips, everyweek i will restock on food, and each week i will bring less and less equipment and food until im down to the very necessities.
The following summer I will be living in the bush for 2 months flat, the real deal, execpt I wont be building a cabin.
Then the next 3 summers I will do the same thing, possibly in a different location, or even a different region.
Then in 5 years or so I will go for good, hopefully i will last a few years, but i will be restocking on required food every month or so because my body cant handle just eating food out of the forest for years and years, not to mention food is kinda scarce in the winter..

Honestly if anyone wants to tag along [incase the Alaska plan doesent work] just ask, or even come along on a camping trip this upcomming summer for a week or two.

I will post again some time soon...hope others will too Smile

Taylor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Breeding New Life Into This Forum Empty Re: Breeding New Life Into This Forum

Post  Taylor Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:44 pm

Seriously where are you people, i saw John online once but I havent seen anyone else, I really don't think you guys have already gone because its in the middle of winter...so are you?

Taylor

Back to top Go down

Breeding New Life Into This Forum Empty Hey, Taylor

Post  DJJoko (John) Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:39 am

Yeah, I'm still around. Now that the holidays are over (not to mention the remodeling project I've been doing on my sister's house) I'll be around a lot more.

Seems there has been a shift in the group. I'm not sure that anyone other than myself and Chris are still planning to head to AK.

My guess is that, like myself, folks haven't been around much due to the holidays. Hopefully things will pick up again sometime soon!

John
DJJoko (John)
DJJoko (John)
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:17 am

Well I still seldomly check in but its becoming frustrating. I understand that not everyone whants to go to AK but I would apreciate it if we could all stay in touch and keep eachother up to date. Its Jan 4th of 2009! times running out, well thats how I feel atleast.
Well anyways like john said its basicly me and him still planning on AK and I believe the others are going for more of a traveling around from place to place type of thing.

Chris
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Breeding New Life Into This Forum Empty hello

Post  AdamWashington Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:12 am

Sorry I have been going threw some stuff that needed my attention. I know there is certain things I want to learn and practice before I leave. So first I'm going to Maui Ha next Friday for a min of three months. Then do this program in Arizona, that teaches bush crafting technics of all verieties from how to use an animal to building shelters. That program is five weeks. Then I'll see where I'm at. But Alaska will probably not be my first location. I wantvto sail around the south pacific in search for the perfect island. Then stay there a bit get my shot together and then be able to sail all over the world. And stay at these places for how ever long I fell like doing so. So that's it for me.
My best
Adam
AdamWashington
AdamWashington

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Im glad to see your taken this seriously and actually getting trained, this september I am going to Flemming college for a 8 month course that teaches Canadian Bush Skils, alot of ppl think they can just "live off the land" but ohnestly doing that is nearly impossible withhout a lifetime of skill, maybe being taught by an actual native might give you some chance of surviving, everyone on this site just kidna thinks looking at a website will make you a good bushman but in reality, experience is the only way to learn the skills required to do this. I just built a Cabin that is only good for the summer/warmer months, because i didnt use huge logs, i just used sticks like on an A-frame, and I also built a regular A-frame as well, i have a picture of it when it was half built: http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01064.jpg
Now the A-frame has 4x the amount of sticks, also i have insulation between the sticks and a 3' layer of long grass for a bedding. I did the same thing for the cabin, which I have to take a picture of [I always forget my camera!]. This was all done in this March, in Ontario.

Anyways, Adam you seem to be on your way and getting educated, Im hoping this 8 Month course should teach me alot, although I ohnestly know everything already lol, like the last 2 years ive been in forests for longer than ive been in cities/houses...and i decided im going to do this in like 4 years, but every summer im taking July/Augest off work to live in the bush, I cant wait till this summer ! ! !

-Notice how I say "living in the bush", this is what I think is a more realistic way of speaking about it, the saying "living in the wild" I think referes to a magical world where all your problems go away and you can be by yourself with no trouble, and have complete freedom. The reality is an empty stomach, cold nights, bug bites, and endless hiking and building.

Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down