Plan our escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion

3 posters

Go down

General Discussion Empty Re: General Discussion

Post  anarchyintheak Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:12 pm

sn33k wrote:I've been on 20mile death marches when I was in boot camp carrying 60lb packs, not the same kind of hiking we'll be doing but still not just some simple task.

That's actually probably much closer to reality than anything else!!! You have a good point, you as a group are only as strong as your weakest link. If you guys can't carry something in the neighborhood of a 60# pack for AT LEAST 10-15 miles per day, (20 being a much better goal) it'll take you forever to find a good spot and start getting set up.

(That's a big reason I won't be considering tagging along on this expedition!)
anarchyintheak
anarchyintheak

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.anarcyintheak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamWashington Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:27 pm

yes I beleve we all can get in shape, and all need to get in shape. And if anyone needs help with that it's possible to get into shape by then. I have trained people before.
Rachel if your only concerin I'd bcause you don't think you can get in shape then I can help.
AdamWashington
AdamWashington

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  anarchyintheak Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:09 pm

No, that's not the only thing. I have a little different idea of how I want to go about things, for one.

Also, I just started a non-profit to develop the town I live in as a model sustainable community, which is another dream of mine. We're working on renewable energy, sustainable waste management, local food growing, et cetera. I think all these projects will make me a much better candidate for homesteading when I do get ready to do it.
anarchyintheak
anarchyintheak

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.anarcyintheak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Well i do not have my actual pack i am taking with me into the wild, but i have a backpack i have been using. I load it full with books and hike up and down the river front down by where i live. Granted there are only 6 miles of trails 1 way, i think this is a good start to condition myself.

I am not in the best of shape but not completley out of shape either. So this is a good time to start gettin ready. Adam what tips do you have?
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://wilderness-plan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamWashington Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 am

well if you got some good area around you with hills that you can go hiking around would be good with a pack with some weight in it, but if you don't do it on a continuous path than it wont help, i also think having a strong core your abs is key to strength, so doing ab workouts 4 times a week. Whatever you end up doing make sure you are pushing yourself very hard. going swimming if you can is a great workout, i dont think going on long runs is a good idea, i think its to much punishment on your joints, doing lone steady hikes with declines and inclines is much better, take it easy going down hill, heal to toe when you do. thats it for now if you want more hit me up.
Marcus
AdamWashington
AdamWashington

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down