Plan our escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada.. and Washington

5 posters

Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty Canada.. and Washington

Post  AdamWashington Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:03 pm

48 44'52.44 N 124 48'18.67 W
This spot Ryan found is sick, its probably less than 80 miles from where i am in bellingham north west washington state. so ya i think we should check that place out, and im down fro canada and alaska, other places as well. So thats what i got.
AdamWashington
AdamWashington

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty Vancouver Island

Post  DJJoko (John) Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:59 am

Yes, I love the idea of someplace temperate... especially since I've been looking at all the extreme colds in AK...

I am reading about the island. I'm a little worried that it may be too populated. The island is about 320 miles long and only 40 miles wide. The population is 700,000... that's a lot of people to jam in that size of an area.

There is something I am learning about people and population, through all of this: The better the climate and conditions, the more people that will go there to live. The opposite is true too... the worse the conditions are, then the less people will be willing to live there. It's even that way here in PA where I live. The winters are harsh so the population is very low. I think this is just history repeating itself.

Coastland provides very desireable things like, fishing, salt (which is simple, but huge in survival), more temperate weather, and even great recreation. People have always flocked to coastlines and it's obvious just why.

I don't know. Maybe I'm being too cautious about this??
DJJoko (John)
DJJoko (John)
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty Ok

Post  AdamWashington Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Ya well if the population is to large to then there are alot of spots close to that for sure, such as the olympic national park for sure, that place look sweet, and there is alot of open territory near bellingham for sure, check out google maps.
AdamWashington
AdamWashington

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty Re: Canada.. and Washington

Post  Ryan Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 pm

I dont know about the population being that high, but when i was scaning the land in google earth, there was a ton of indian tribes, or reserves, so that might account for a lot of the pop. and where i was looking in google earth, there are not really any towns close close by so i really really like this area. And if this does not work we can always look further north up the coastline, its all green forests so yeah...we just need to find a nice area. Being by the ocean would be awesome, we could eat clams, and musscles, and really just enjoy life out there, maybe i am getting to excited right now, but those are my two favorite places, the beach and the woods!
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://wilderness-plan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty Sorry for double posting

Post  Ryan Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:30 pm

But check this out, if we can get a ride along this highway and then hike up north find a spot, we would be set, no towns for an easily good 50-100 miles around... highway 14 it is what you all think?

http://www.drivebc.ca/map.jsp?mapId=73204936&viewFinderMapId=0&navMode=South&scale=1000000&mapImageX=&mapImageY=&eventId=&district=Vancouver+Island%7CVancouver+Island&camera=on&planned=on&current=on&roadConditions=on&trafficIncidents=on&chkbxRoadConditions=on&chkbxTrafficIncidents=on&chkbxCurrent=on&chkbxPlanned=on&chkbxCamera=on

And here is a link to a topographic map of the area, it has a legend or key thing on the right hand side, i was looking at the 92 C10 area or the 92 C9 area somewhere in there, it zooms in pretty far so look around there or other places......

http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/topo/map?mapsize=850+666&scale=1400000.000000&mapxy=-2078272.4560596891+461343.0154817105&mode=zoomin&layers=north_arrow%20other_features%20million_grid%20t50k_grid%20grid_50k_3%20roads%20hydrography%20boundary%20builtup%20vegetation%20populated_places%20railway%20power_network%20manmade_features%20designated_areas%20water_features%20water_saturated_soils%20relief%20contours%20toponymy%20contour%20nodata_ntdb_50k&hidetextbox=
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty So AK huh?

Post  Chris Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:17 am

Hey thanks for the maps Ryan real nice. Well to add your post, if we do decide to go to AK I like the 92c 10 area.. if you zoom in on Walbran Creek you can see two lakes above ones Glad lake and the other above it is unnamed. Now I personally like the nonnamed lake because theres three water sources plus its in a sourt of revine or canyon or what not. Just seems like a good spot to be in.

AK is still not my first but it realy doesn't matter to me... So what do you guys think?
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty Im down with Vancouver Island

Post  benjammin08 Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Im definately ok with Vancouver Island in British Columbia. If everyone else is ok with this, I could suggets that I would pickChaz up from Ocala and drive out to Washington. I would leave my car at my friends parents house. They said it was ok since they have a really big lot. Then we would catch a ride to where ever the rest of us would meet up.

I like the coastline pictures I saw of that area you guys were talking about.
benjammin08
benjammin08

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:26 pm

sn33k wrote:Hey thanks for the maps Ryan real nice. Well to add your post, if we do decide to go to AK I like the 92c 10 area.. if you zoom in on Walbran Creek you can see two lakes above ones Glad lake and the other above it is unnamed. Now I personally like the nonnamed lake because theres three water sources plus its in a sourt of revine or canyon or what not. Just seems like a good spot to be in.

AK is still not my first but it realy doesn't matter to me... So what do you guys think?

Hey chris, thats not alaska, thats Canada, right above washington state
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DJJoko (John) Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:01 am

I'm glad you wrote that, Ryan. I was starting to think I was looking at the wrong area!

Smile
DJJoko (John)
DJJoko (John)
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Canada.. and Washington Empty ;p

Post  Chris Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:33 am

lol srry bout that.. ok well that spot works for me regardless.. I'm pretty busy so if you guys find a mor detailed map with pictures of the surrounding invironment plz post I would like to see alot more of it..

thanks for clearing that up DJ and goodnight everyone atleast on my side ;p...
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down